Two geographically-organised contractors fitted current transformers at the customers’ premises on behalf of the distribution network operator (DNO). The term of the contracts was coming to an end, and a tender process resulted in one of the contractors being appointed to provide the service in all three geographic areas covered by the DNO.
I managed the detailed process of the transition from two contractors to one, including:
- Project time plan and milestones, including fortnightly reporting and governance meetings
- Contractor exit to ensure satisfactory commercial closure and a smooth transition
- Training of internal staff to ensure good understanding of the reasons and benefits of the transition and knowledge of the revised processes
- Wide communication and stakeholder management including company staff, contractor staff, customers and other stakeholders.
- Confirming contractor readiness including recruitment, training and safety briefing of contractor staff.
- The transition was achieved, meeting the defined project timescale.
- The move was smooth and effective with minimal impact felt by the business users and negligible impact on customers.
- Customers and delivery personnel benefitted from improved contractor performance, including enhanced communication.